Running Essential Errands
Groceries, Household goods, Prescriptions, and Assisted Doctor Visits.
Do your parents need anything? Do you live far away? Let us check in on them and get what they need.
As communities across the United States take steps to slow the spread of COVID-19 by limiting close contact, people are facing new challenges and questions about how to meet basic household needs, such as buying groceries and medicine, and completing other activities.
Using Marta Care to pickup and deliver your purchases reduces the number of people you come in contact with. Whether by staying home or avoiding multiple delivery drivers.
The following are some of the services Marta Care provides to meet these household needs in a safe and healthy manner.
Shopping for food and other household essentials
- Avoid shopping if you are
- sick or have symptoms of COVID-19, which include a fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- suffering from
Order online, use curbside pickup, and we will deliver.
- Order food and other items online for curbside pickup (if possible).
- Only visit the grocery store, or other stores selling household essentials, in person when you absolutely need to. This will limit your potential exposure to others and the virus that causes COVID-19.
We practice social distancing.
- We stay at least 6 feet away from others while shopping and in lines.
- Cover our mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when out in public or in your home.
- When we have to visit in person, we maintain social distaning.
- We disinfect shopping carts and baskets, use disinfecting wipes before, during and after delivery.
- We do not touch our eyes, nose, or mouth.
- We use touchless payment (pay without touching money, a card, or a keypad). If we must handle money, a card, or use a keypad, we use hand sanitizer right after paying.
We use hand sanitizer when we leave a store and wash our hands frequently following the CDC guidelines.
- When we get to your home, we leave deliveries at a designated safe spot or bring them inside if previously arranged.
- At your home, we follow food safety guidelines: clean, separate, cook, chillexternal icon. There is no evidence that food or food packaging has been linked to getting sick from COVID-19.
Accepting deliveries and takeout orders
Limit in-person contact if possible.
- Pay online or on the phone when you order (if possible).
- Accept deliveries without in-person contact whenever possible. Ask for deliveries to be left in a safe spot outside your house (such as your front porch or lobby), with no person-to-person interaction. Otherwise, stay at least 6 feet away from the delivery person.
Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after accepting deliveries or collecting mail.
- After receiving your delivery or bringing home your takeout food, wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- After collecting mail from a post office or home mailbox, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
We will attend doctor visits with your parents when you can't be there.
- As an alternative use telemedicine, if available, or communicate with your doctor or nurse by phone or e-mail.
- We will relay your concerns and questions to the nurses and doctors.
- We will make sure the doctor is aware of all your concerns.
- We will brief you after the doctor visit.
If you must visit in-person, protect yourself and others.
- If you think you have COVID-19, let Marta Care and the office know and follow CDC guidelines.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when you have to go out in public.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Use disinfecting wipes on frequently touched surfaces such as handles, knobs, touchpads (if available).
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others while inside and in lines.
- When paying, use touchless payment methods if possible. If you cannot use touchless payment, sanitize your hands after paying with card, cash, or check. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you get home.
Limit in-person visits to the pharmacy. We can pickup medications.
- Plan to order and we will pick up all your prescriptions at the same time.
- If possible, call prescription orders in ahead of time. We try to use drive-thru windows, curbside services (waiting in the car until the prescription is ready). We will do the same for pet medicines.
- Check with your doctor and pharmacist to see if you can get a larger supply of your medicines.
If you or a member of your household has signs of COVID-19, call your doctor first, instead of going to the office or the emergency department. Call 911 if you believe it is an emergency.